Saturday, September 09, 2006

Staying busy...


Waiting and waiting and waiting...Each day is filled with beyond busy and normal everyday activities - then a blog and chat room search looking for any new news - then back to laundry, homework, cleaning and soccer practice etc.
That is my life.

Met some nice people on-line yesterday, and found some great 'what to take with you when you travel to Ukraine' advice. I told John he had better make room for that Charmin toilet paper in the suitcase :) But really, I have a list of over 30 items that have been suggested by many past travelers to bring, and each one makes sense. So, I will be working on that project this week. Here are some great suggestions for those in my shoes:

Rolaids (Fried foods)
Pepto (Viruses & more fried foods)
Flashlight (frequent power outages)
Toilet paper (No explaination needed there!)
Eurpean sized pillow case (apparently nothing that touches your head or bottom is soft over there:)
Hand sanitizer
Cold & diarrhea medicine (Viruses and maybe fried foods again?)
Umbrella (you walk everywhere, so it is handy in the winter/spring)
Safety pins,
Wet Ones
Flat drain stopper (for sinks and laundry)
Extension cord (small one for laptops, etc.)
Tylenol (for me that will be from all of the cigarette smoke - apparently they smoke a lot over there)
Travel sewing kit
Downy wrinkle releaser (strong chance we will have to wash our clothes in the tub)
Fabreeze (for when you CAN'T wash your clothes)
Chapstick, washcloths and/or hand towels
Band-Aids
Ziplock bags
Ambien or other sleep medication for in the trains and planes
A hot pot ( For Johns REAL coffee. I have heard countless time it is all instant over there, and anything else that requires hot water)
Check, check and check...I'm on it! ICan't live without my Chapstick and curling iron and Mary Kay - they are at the top of the pile - and anything else is roughing it for me :) John said it sounds like a camping checklist!





Our barn at the end of the first day. In the morming it was just a slab. Those guys sure worked fast!


John has his own brand of mind occupation. He spends his time working on our barn. As my role is clearly defined as to the domestic 'princess' (my close friends know what that means), I only have to help if it does not threaten to break a nail! LOL! He is quite an accomplished and talented man, my dear hubby. And we have a super bunch of friends and neighbors who each come over at different times to help him out. All in all, it is a labor of luv!

Well, Aidan has a soccer game at 9 a.m. and I'm the coach - off I to grab my whistle and go! Adios!

Our barn...about 75% done...This should keep John busy for a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home