Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Daily journal...day four

Day four - STILL Raining...so glad I brought my boots!

Day four – it already feels like twenty! As John wrote a friend, we are alive and well in Green Akers Hell. LOL! I hope you can appreciate the humor in that statement…

For those of you close to home, you will get a decent sense of what this area and our apartment are like if I describe it this way: Imagine the old pre-remoldeled green house at YBC combined with our day to day lounging during our outdoor camping trips. EXCEPT, the toilets always smell so bad you would think the sewer is over flowing. (Silly me, there would HAVE TO BE sewer for that to happen:). Well, that about sums it up. Roughing it in ‘so-so’ quarters…not minding the dirt and oldness of everything because it is only for a week and then you pack up and go home to shower off real good and put everything away till next year. Can you imagine my BIG *sighhhhhh* here?

So, already I’m done with all of this waiting and ready to go! The light of all this non-fun way of living is of course being with Oleg. And I make sure each day I remind my self how fortunate I am to be able to say I AM with Oleg and THANK GOD for all he done for us and this little boy we love so much.

Living here, in this town that is really no bigger than a village; it is the only life Oleg knows. Simplicity. School. Playing. End of story. If we didn’t get to spend time with him each day, I would surely go crazy. I seriously crave my house, my family, MY WORK! I would be so at home in front of my computer at work right now! Working with co-workers (I miss my co-workers BIG TIME), dealing with clients. All the normal things to make the day go by faster.

And then there are my boys. I really miss my boys! It is emotionally tough to be a mom sometimes. Especially when you are half way around the world from them. Chris and Bryce are always fine by themselves, being SO grown up and all – Hee Hee Hee (Mom is smiling big time here!), But Aidan...I really miss my little man! I know he is having a good time with Stephanie and the kids though…he is fine…it’s just me that’s a wreck. We called and spoke with him last night and he seems to be happy as a lark. Thanks Steph!

The days have been good with Oleg. We are bonding so well as a family. Each day we go to the store and buy our food for which ever meal we are preparing. Oleg shows us his stomping grounds and with his help (And an electronic translator Marie loaned us) we can get by. We gather in the kitchen and cook as a family. As when he was with us in America, he really likes to help out. He stirs the pot, dry’s the dishes, whatever he can do…and we teach him new card games each day. We are up to UNO now. Saying colors and numbers…and learning more and more English each day.

On that note Oleg’s English has improved dramatically the last few days. It seems the more we talk with him the more he speaks it. It is obvious he was not conversing in English while he is here. It takes a while for what he does know to come back. Today, he starting reading my writing on the computer and he struggled with only a few words. He really is such a smart boy.

We went to school today and met with the lawyer. We had to have Irene speak with him on the phone. She wanted to check on the court date. The lawyer informed us that the head judge was in Kharkiv and would not be available till tomorrow. Irene told us we are probably looking at next Wednesday now. *SIGH* Stuck here another week plus! I am praying now that something gives and they can schedule it sooner. Only time will tell. All we can do is hang out and wait. In the mean time we cherish each new day we have with Oleg.

Another interesting find today was the internet capabilities at the post office. It took a couple of translator assisted phone calls and helpful people, but we finally got there and we were able for the first time in 4 days to hear from family and friends per e-mail. O how I love e-mail! It is like an umbilical cord to home! We answered as many as we could in the time allowed, but I cannot access my blog from there. Something to do with the Javascript etc…So we will go in daily now and check e-mails. (I will continue to journal as I am now until it is possible to post on my blog) Not as nice as having it in our apartment, but hey, it’s something to look forward to each day!

Love and REALLY miss you all!!!!!
K~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home