Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Finally, here are some new pictures and a update...

The Patterson family has been very busy! I can't believe it has been 7 months since my last post...how time flies!
In a few days Carrington will have been home 9 months. Time has flown. He is enjoying his summer to the fullest. The only downer for him is that due to all of the countless summer trips and events, our pool is not up. We hear about it often :)
As I write this, John and Carrington are in the Uukraine with RU4Children. My husband is directing a leadership camp for orphaned children in Kharkiv. They hike 5 or so miles each day and then set up camp. Once settled in they learn about leadership through encounters and God through prayer and lessons. They reached Crimea today and I heard from John for the first time since he has left. They are having a super time. I asked how Carrington was doing. John said he was doing great and quite a novelty among the other children who have so many questions about America and his family here. AND, John has a built in translator...and it gives Carrington some interesting status to be able to speak two different languages.
Carrington finished his first school year with terrific grades. I am very proud of his accomplishments. He tries hard to learn and please. We are still dealing with the issues of disrespect in voice tone and words/actions. But that too is improving greatly.
I finally was able to get the pictures off of my camera of our trip to Ukraine and I have inserted them into the appropriate posts. Here are a few below.
One of the only two pictures I have of Carrington as a little boy. He is 8 yrs old here and this was taken before he was transferred to the boarding school.

This is the picture of him taken for URGEX. We we did not see this until after he was on his way. He is the child on the far left. Look at that smirk !




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home