Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Arrival...


Kevin, Jacob, Teresa, Bryceton, John and I, Chris, and Mike

Carrington, Aidan, Valera, and Marie


Appropriately named by my friend Mike, 'The Arrival' took place in the early morning of Saturday November 11th. Aidan and I had been up since 5 am in anticipation of the homecoming. I met my friends in the airport lobby and we were all ready to greet John and Carrington with fun signs and flags, but they snuck up on us the same way I did my boys when I came home. There we were, all talking and socializing when someone said "There's John!" Darn! He came strolling through the glass doors with Carrington - big smile on his face and all!


I waived my 'Welcome Home Carrington' banner for 2 seconds then ran to greet my new son. He jumped into my arms as Aidan jumped into Johns and were were done! We are now a family together at last! I gotta tell ya, it feels GREAT! The long adventure is finally over, and a new one now begins.


I thank God who in all things are possible - for I would not have this child in my life if it were not for Him. I am thankful for the love and support of my friends & family who have been with us each and every step of the way. I thank our church family for their donations and spiritual caring as we set upon this goal to add Carrington to our family. I am grateful to Ninel and all her hard work through URGEX and the hosting program she supports. And I especially thank Marie Bebe whom without her love and caring for these Ukrainian children I would never had met Carrington to begin with.

And the fact that gives me goose bumps on my goose bumps, and has put tears in my eyes once more: It has recently come to my attention that it was exactly one year ago this weekend that it was announced during church services that there was a child coming to visit here through a hosting program who needed a family to show him America. It gives me great warmth and joy in my heart to know that not only were we that family then, but we now will be that family FOREVER...

May God bless you all wherever you are in your life path as He has us...

From greatful heart...
Kym

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home