Saturday, October 28, 2006

It's official!


Dear friends and family - We are now a complete family! At 3:15 on Wednsday the 25th of October the court judge declared that Oleg was now part of our family! I introduce to you the official name of our new son: Carrington Oleg Patterson. (Pictures will be posted asap - waiting on John to upload them from Slava's house Monday)


Ukraine children have no middle names. We presented Oleg with three names John and I liked. Oleg choose Carrington. He told us "Oleg in Ukraine, Carrington in America, OK?" So there you have it...Oleg will be going by Carrington when he hits the states.


We are so awed by all of this. We are grateful to God, humbled, and find that most of the time there are no words to express our joy in this journey. Oleg is OURS...and our lives have been trully blessed by God.

O yeah! HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY! I am doing the Snoopy dance! As I write I am at MY home in front of MY computer after sleeping in MY bed..and would kiss the ground if I didn't think I would catch something (I've burned up every ounce of sick leave...can't afford to be sick!)

As I wearily dragged myself off the final flight to Bako I was greeted by My dear friend Stephanie, Chris, Bryce and Aidan. I cried big time! I am soooo happy to be home! I was touched to see and hug my boys. It is so great to be HOME!

All in all thet plane ride back was okay...I'm just not tickled to fly half way across the world by myself. The service was excellent, it was just lonnnng! I flew over France, Ice Land, Green Land, the Hudson Bay, Canada, the Dakotas, the Rockies, and the closer we got the the west coast the more emotional I got. Europe is beautiful, but NOTHING holds a candle to the good old US of A. Our land is beautiful, magnificent, and unique. I am proud to be an American. I am happy to be on my own soil, and THRILLED to be where people understand English! LOL It take a couple more hours in flight arrive here than it did flying over. I find myself a little light headed, kinda need my 'land legs' back, but should be back on track tomorrow. As I said I am just so thrilled to finally be HOME!

Current status is Oleg will remain at the boarding school this coming week (Monday to Friday) during some of the 10 day waiting period which will expire Monday November 6 (gotta include the weekend ARHG!) John is needed to assist with some projects at the Destiny Center (RU4Children). We cannot take Oleg out of the region so he will have to stay. Oleg is fine with this, as it is just Monday thru Friday, and John will be back in time to see him Friday afternoon. They will have a going away party for Oleg and his class. I bought each child a towel, socks, candy and cookies in Kharkiv for John so all he has to do is put it together...they ware planning on doing it Saturday Nov. 4th. It will be sad for the children to see Oleg go. :(

Once we hit the 11/6 day, the court decree can be picked up, and they need to make arrangements to finish the passport, visa, health check, and rearrange their flights home. John will be taking Oleg to see his brother Alex before they leave Kharkiv for Kiev, so that will delay them a bit too. We are shooting for that Friday or Saturday. We should hopefully know an exact date by the beginning of next week. I am just anxious for them to come home soon!

Big party coming gang! BIG Party!
*Grinning from ear to ear!*
K~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home