Saturday, September 09, 2006

Keeping in touch with Oleg

"You've Got Mail!"- I love that movie! Each time I see that a new e-mail has come in from a friend, family or acquaintance I get excited! Recently it was from Stephanie Young who works with the Fostering Hope team. She and several other great volunteers are working over in the Ukraine as I write at Olegs orphanage and later at another one in Novo Vodolaga.

Olegs orphanage...
I originally met Stephanie while viewing the blog of another family that adopted a pretty young lady from the same orphanage where Oleg lives. (They were both hosted through Ninel at US Global Exchange). Anyway, Oleg turns 12 on 9/20. We are going to miss his birthday :( When Stephanie wrote me that they were going to be traveling over there this month to build a sensory gym for the children I e-mailed Stephanie back and asked her if she could take a gift to Oleg for me. She was very thoughtful and agreed. I am SO grateful to her! I over-nighted them (Of course several presents and a card even a non speaking Ukrainian child could appreciate) to her (Fed Ex again – I give them lots of $$$) and she called to confirm that they got there in time. We talked on the phone for a while, sharing thoughts and ideas on how we can make a difference over there. I am so thankful to God for my new friend! She said when the Fed EX man brought her the box she told him what it was for and he was very touched. So, Oleg should have gotten his gifts by now! I am anxiously awaiting word from Stephanie on how the trip went. She said she would take pictures of Oleg for me and shower Oleg with extra TLC! So, C’mon mail!

On the same note I want to also give thanks to Slava and Polina live in Kharkiv and are so wonderful to us. Polina takes e-mailed letters I write to Oleg and translates them before forwarding them via snail mail to him. Slava is a minister and works with another friend Trey with RU4 Children. This ministry is solely devoted to the spiritual feeding of these children. (see link). Slava took time to visit Oleg for us and assisted us in buying him clothing and such. John took all the video clips from Olegs trip here and created a video movie for Oleg to see. Slava then played them for Oleg on his laptop. Slava said he watched it 3 times. Slava also took some pictures for us. Our little man is so hansom! Unfortunately our laptop was stolen and those photos were on it. These people have helped us keep in contact with Oleg and it means the world to us. Thanks you to my friends!

If you will, please remember to pray for us! According to the Dossier numbers posted, we are slated to go in December, but have been told there is a strong possibility that it could be October since Oleg is a known child. Please pray that with God’s good timing we can go get our son. And for Oleg that he remains in good health and that his well-being is cared for while he waits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home