Monday, October 29, 2007

One year later....

A year has passed…and it went by so fast!

Carrington’s adoption was finalized a year ago. It all seems so surreal.

On that raining day in October, as I left John and Carrington behind I couldn’t help but feel like I had just received a ‘Get out of jail free’ card. I found myself arriving home to my three boys, so happy to hold them, yet bone tired and weary from jet lag. Although I missed John and Carrington, I truly was so glad to be back in my own house and my own bed….

And I spent my time thinking: “There’s no place like home! There’s no place like home!”

Aidan and I started decorating our home for the holidays, searching for Halloween costumes, and I was preparing to be a single mom for three weeks. Aidan was excited to know his new brother was coming home, his momma was there, and all was right with his world.

Now, I find it as if Carrington has always been with us – like he was here in spirit all along. He has his challenges, but has come so far. He is an energetic, loving and ‘most of the time’ a polite child. My favorite thing is when he hugs me tight and says, ”I love you mom!” Totally unprompted – with as much love as mom can hope to receive.

So I find myself wanting to move on with Carrington’s story. This chapter of his life has ended…he is no longer a survivor; he is living…as a child with a home and a family.

If you are finding my Blog for the first time, welcome! I started it in order to share my story from a special prospective. That of a family that found a child they never knew they were missing through hosting. Please start in the archives at September ‘06 and read up and away…that is when I put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and started sharing my story.

And, if you are inclined, I invite you to follow us in our new journey for our little girl I refer to as ‘Rose’. www.kympatterson2.blogspot.com

Take care and may God bless you on your journey of love…

Kym

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home