Monday, September 11, 2006

Our Oleg is doing well!

O what a beautiful day! In the midst of the sadness on this - the 5th anniversay if 9/11 - I have found a ray of joy...

My day started out as usual – but changed quickly! While in status at work this morning I received the phone call that I was waiting for! It was Stephanie Young! The one I just wrote about on Sunday. Stephanie said she had made it home yesterday from the Ukraine and after she got some sleep, she knew she had to call me ASAP. I do believe she’s and Angel in disguise…She said, “Kym, your son is so awesome! He is the kindest, sweetest, and best little boy I have ever met! He knows you love him and believe me, he is ready TO COME HOME!” She said she took video of Oleg while he was opening his gifts and will send it to me as soon a she can find the cable needed to download it off her camera. Stephanie also stated that the Director (who is a very kind man) knows we are adopting Oleg and of course Oleg knows we are coming to get him as soon as we can. He really misses us and she said again “he is SO ready to come home!”

Well, it is pretty hard to discreetly stand in your corner of the office area on the phone crying in the middle of a status meeting. As she told me all the news on Oleg tears were rolling down my face and there were no Kleenexes to be found anywhere! I was so choked up I could hardly talk and all I could say was “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I finally pulled myself together as asked her for her phone number so I could call her later when I could get a hold of myself and talk. John and I tried to call her when I got home but her hubby said she had already gone to bed. (She’s pretty pooped after 27 hours traveling home) So, we will talk to her tomorrow.

I had asked her to talk to the Director about any projects we could do for the orphanage while we are waiting there. They have several and we will discuss these with her in depth. I will be trying to raise funds to pay for anything we can accomplish while hanging around waiting for Oleg’s adoption to finalize…it will feel good to help out!

Stephanie also researched the closet hotels, and other things we would need to know while there. Like I said, I think she’s an Angel! Thank God for putting this person in my path!

Information wise we of course are still waiting. I have found out from other helpful adopters that the list for October appointments has not yet been posted. Two families are there right now and they are posting their finding as soon as they can find internet access. Some things are the same as with the NAC, others have changed. If the current scenarios are correct, that would mean that the letters have not gone out yet – as the current rumor is they don’t post the dates until that (the letters being mailed) happens. People with dates close to the first of the month seem to get theirs per UPS, while others later in the month get theirs snail mail. So, I sit here with hope that we just might still be on that list for ‘Octoberish’ as we were told could happen.

Please pray for our little boy that he remains safe and sound until we can get to him, and for all the families who suffer from 9/11 and who will never see their daughters or sons again :(
God bless...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kym,

Your post made me cry. I hope you can bring your son home soon.
It is good to hear he is doing well and knows where he belongs!

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home