Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's all about Aidan this week :)


Aidan at Yosemite Bible Camp this past May! What a ham!
Aidan had his yearly heart checkup at Valley Children’s Hospital this week. I got a call at 4 p.m. on Wednesday informing me that there was a cancellation the next day (we were on a cancellation waiting list). So, I cleared the day off with my terrific boss and packed the bags to drive to Fresno that night. My ‘bestest’ buddy Stephanie lives there and I will take any excuse to go stay with her. After we were though we OF COURSE had to shop at my FAVORITE store…Home Goods...Ahhhhh...Good times!



So, as always I drive the short distance from Stephanie’s home to the hospital, I see the hospital upon the hill. It is large and impressive…and my heart still races each time I see it. I remember the dread of driving to that hospital so many years back. I still get the same feeling each time I take Aidan back there.

When we pulled up and started to walk in Aidan asked why we were there and I told him to have his heart checked. He then asked me “What of it is broken again?” at which I replied that I didn’t think it was, but if so, they would just fix it again. This seemed good enough for him and off we went. When we were in the first examination room waiting for the EKG, Aidan asked, “Mommy, when will I get to see the red and blue again?” Wow! He is so smart! He remembered that from the last time he was there…

Anyway, praise the Lord! Aidan got a clean bill of health! His little ‘hiccup’ or misfire heart rhythm that was there last year has corrected itself and was not at all evident this time around. Doc says he probably outgrew it. Aidan is always so good with the Echocardiogram and the EKG…he don’t move or anything. Just lays there like a good little boy and lets the Dr. do her thing. He didn’t care. He just wanted to watch Lilo and Stich on the TV overhead! We still have a few things to watch out for, but the prognosis is a full recovery and no impending problems! Praise God again!

After we are done we have a tradition of going to the gift shop and buying Aidan a T-shirt. Well, this time we bought both a T-shirt and a sweatshirt because we couldn’t make up our minds to which we liked better. The proceeds go back to the hospital and it’s the least that I can do – given that they saved my sons life. Also, we ate at the cafeteria. It is so cool! All the walls are panted like under the sea and you feel like you are swimming with the fishes. We had mini pizzas and Aidan had Strawberry milk…it was a good day.

Aidan had his fourth soccer game this morning. They did so well last week and totally bombed this week. The Mighty Red Dragons just didn’t have their acts together today. One good thing was that at least it was cooler today! Well, there is always next Saturday. I’m actually getting the hang of this coaching thingy…Oh ya, and I have to attend a MANDATORY three-hour coaching certification clinic tomorrow and THEN team pictures are at 3 p.m. AND, it is John’s birthday tomorrow…this should be very interesting :)

News with Oleg is the same – waiting to see if there are any appts. Scheduled for the last two weeks of October. Rumor mill says that they will be closed from the 20-31st to review documents – but it is still only a rumor till we hear other wise. FRUSTRATING! No sense in getting all worked over something that may not even be true. The bible says to trust in the Lord, and that is what I am doing…Psalms 20 – read it if you have a chance. Right now it is what I hang on to…See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home