Friday, September 29, 2006

OMG! OMG! OMG! We have a date!!!!!!!


It is incredible how quickly things can change. In the blink of an eye my life went from a frustrating “hum drum” wait to “hurry up and get it done!”

Here is the scoop!

After a looooooonnng day at work I went to my friends house to prepare for my up coming yard sales this weekend to help pay for plane tickets. We were sorting everything out when my cell phone rang. It was my husband and he was blurting something that I could not understand. (I thought it was strange that I could not understand him. I knew it was his ring tone). When I asked him to repeat himself it took only a moment for me to figure out he was crying and saying “We have an appointment”. Stunned! I was completely STUNNED! I yelled to my friend Deb “We have an appointment!” Oh my God, thank you Lord we have an appointment!!!” Then I remembered to ask when??? John told me October 9th. WOW! There’s nothing like a little bit of warning, but I AM NOT complaining! We get to go get our son! I am SO EXCITED!

I was jumping up and down and hugging my friend Deb and trying to dry my tears (I DO NOT cry pretty!) and get a hold of myself. Special note: Let me share with you that my friend Deb has been with each time something big happened in my life. And consequently I have been present a few times in her events too…She was there when we got the news we would be adopting Aidan. She was there when we woke up to a call at 6 a.m. that Aidan’s birth mother was in labor (and took care of my kids AND the additional church kids we were hosting for a youth rally). And she was there when I got this call about Oleg. She says she is my ‘good luck charm’ :) I think I believe it!

I was so sure we would not be traveling until November! That darn paper getting lost was not allowing us an earlier appointment!

When I got control of myself I called my mom, then my boys Chris and Bryce, then my friend Mike, then the Copeland’s, then my friend Stephanie…and my boss! OMG! I cannot believe this is FINALLY happening! We will be a family in time for the Holidays!

So, here I am running around with butterflies in my tummy trying to buy airline tickets and get everything done at the last minute, including Aidan’s independent study while he stays with my friend Stephanie. Not to mention sorting out my desk at work and getting coverage…

Oh my goodness! We have to finish the barn, take down the pool, pack, get the tickets, organize the bills, make arrangements for Aidan, and on and on and on…I know I will miss something!

I can’t believe it! OMG! OMG! OMG! Thank you Lord, THANK YOU
!

5 Comments:

Blogger ColleenD said...

Kym:
I have tears in my eyes for you and Oleg. I am so excited for you to be finally travelling. God will put everything in order. You won't forget the important stuff. Just let him run the show and everything will be fine. Just don't forget to breathe!
Colleen

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Made me cry again this morning, darn it! LOL I'm SO happy for you guys!

I LOVE that you all will be a family for the holidays. How cool is it that last yr at Christmas time we just met our children and this Christmas they will officially be our children, not just guests in our homes!

Congratulations again!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Ooooooooooo!:) I am crying! I can only imagine how excited you are. Congratulations! :):):)

Tonya (momof5 from the FRUA board)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Kimbell and Mark said...

It's beautiful in Ukraine in Oct but it gets real cold - pack layers! WOOHOO - you're on your way! Take more stuff to do while you're waiting and less clothes (you can wash your clothes every day - it wil give you something to do!!!) I would have given up a shirt or two that I had in my suitcase for a book in English or another DVD after we'd been there for a few weeks.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Kimbell and Mark said...

It's beautiful in Ukraine in Oct but it gets real cold - pack layers! WOOHOO - you're on your way! Take more stuff to do while you're waiting and less clothes (you can wash your clothes every day - it wil give you something to do!!!) I would have given up a shirt or two that I had in my suitcase for a book in English or another DVD after we'd been there for a few weeks.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home