Sunday, October 01, 2006

Getting ready...


This is one of my favorited photos - just thought I would share...Aidan and Bryceton - As my oldest son Chris says "Watch out girls, they've got charm!"
Today I did a trial packing…everything is gonna fit fine in my one large luggage size duffle bag. I will also have a carry on for books and other stuff. It really irks me that due to the new flight rules I cannot take my Mary Kay on board with me, because if they loose it I am in trouble. I can’t live without my Mary Kay! Habit, I know!

Today we announced at church that we had our date. I am so excited and my stomach is all tied up inside constantly. BIG butterflies! Best diet ever I tell ya! Everyone’s prayers mean so much to us - THANK YOU!
We passed a basket around our Sunday morning class to collect donations for the ping-pong table John and I want to donate to the orphanage. I figured I would take the money from my yard sale and add it to what ever was given to meet my goal of one table and 100+ bibles. WOW! After it was all said and done we collected $564. That will buy and deliver one ping-ping table, paddles and a lot of balls! We are also supplying Russian bibles for the children at the orphanage. I cannot wait to see their faces when we send that ping-pong table over. Currently they have created their own version to play with. They have a long table with books lined up in the middle ‘tent style’. They then use a book for a ‘paddle’ and commence to ping and pong :) I guess where there is a will there is a way huh? And the bibles are so special there. The children don't have them...well they will now!

Anyway, via the church office I turned the money over our good friend Trey at RU4 Children and he will see that the table is ordered and ready to roll along with the bibles when we get to the orphanage. They will need to rent a truck to transport it all as the village where Oleg’s orphanage is located in about 2.5 hours away from Kharkiv.

My yard sale was a huge success yesterday! Including any donations I raised over $600! I am thrilled! Every penny counts on this big adventure. That money covers Oleg’s plane ticket home. Just what I wanted…a BIG thank you to all of our friends and my co-workers who donated items for the sale. In the end I had one big bag of clothes, and three boxes of little stuff to donate the Salvation Army. Everything else sold. I am so blessed to have such wonderful and caring friends! Oleg’s adoption has definitely been a team effort. You guys are THE BEST!

Also, a special THANK YOU to my friend Deb who helped me set up and actually run the yard sale at her home. She was an Angel and it would have been rough trying to do it without her. She was exhausted and not feeling well – yet she still got out of bed early in the morning to help me set it all up. She even put out my signs for me. And praise the Lord for holding off the rain that made itself evident today. Whew! That would have not worked out at all!

Marie helped out a lot tonight by sharing little bits (and some big bits) of info they have gathered form their trip to adopt Valera. It is very helpful to have the knowledge of someone who has already done this before. They are so great!

Well, off to bed. I have another busy day tomorrow! I remember someone once said that all the butterflies in your stomach are fine…the trick is to get them all to fly in formation…I am gonna go have a talk with my butterflies now…:)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home