Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Kiev here we come!!!!!!!!!

Olegs first day at Disneyland.




Well, I thought I would NEVER get to write that! The moment is FINALLY here! My butterflies are all still there, but I’ve got them in a straight line now… LOL. I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!

We fly out of LAX tomorrow morning and will land in Munich Germany, then on to Kiev arriving 4 p.m. Friday!

All of our bags are packed and ready to go. Entertainment is all there. We have countless movies. John has both seasons 1 & 2 of ‘Lost’ and I have seasons 8 & 9 of Little House on the Prairie and have met my 50 lb luggage goal with several books in my bag. Beef jerky and Cashews, games, magazines and a Russian translator round out my belongings (oh, and don’t forget the Charmin :)

We are so excited and I doubt I will sleep tonight. My good friend Stephanie is coming tomorrow to drive us to LA, and she will then take Aidan home to her house. Aidan is thrilled – but I am missing him already! A five year old had no way to comprehend how long we will be gone. All Aidan knows is he is going to have fun with the girls and Andy.

I got everything squared away at my office. I owe it to each of my coworkers to write here how grateful I am to them. They are handling their own work plus mine. I work with the best people and the best company ever! Allowing me to travel with no worries. Thank you all so much!

The next time I write I will be in Kiev. Adios!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimbell and Mark said...

I am so excited for you. Give us all the details of your reunion with Oleg! Praying for a safe trip and a painless process as you wade through the paperwork. Take lots of pictures of this trip, particularly the first day of your reunion. OUr 10 yr old daughter loves to look at those and recall everything we said and did when we were finally reunited. Aidan will be fine I'm sure. WHen we were over there on our 2nd trip we figured out how to do IChat - and that was a HUGE help for our kids at home. We'd have LONG conversations and it didn't cost anything (other than the very cheap internet connection). Keep us posted!
Kim

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home